Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Baby, Baby, Baby...and Lots of Fun Baby Links!

Great news. Maya and Nolan are going to have THREE new baby cousins this summer!  My one and only sister is expecting in August. My sister-in-law (brother's wife) is due at the end of July. My other sister-in-law (brother-in-law's wife) will be having her babe mid July. I couldn't be more thrilled to have the chance to hold three new squishy soft babies (and have the luxury of handing them back when they are poopy).

The first pregnancy was announced by my five year old nephew when we were swimming at a hotel at a Christmas gathering.  He literally jumped into the pool and said to me, "My Mom has a baby in her belly!". For a split second I was like "what?",  cause I wasn't expecting to hear such news while treading water.  After I looked to his Mom for confirmation I was ecstatic.



Just before Christmas I was getting strong vibes that my sister was going to be announcing her first pregnancy when she and her husband flew home for the holidays. Although I suspected she was pregnant I didn't want to call her on it because I knew it would be more fun to see how she made the announcement. I was convinced that she was going to give my parents some sort of gift that shared the hint of a baby, but when present time rolled around it was a no go. They just gave them a normal present.  I felt so stupid for getting my hopes up. A few other family members exchanged looks and told me that they had similar suspicions....so we all figured it wasn't meant to be. Then towards the end of the evening we were playing this "Minute to Win It" type of game. One of the challenges was for us to break into two groups and see who could put together a puzzle the fastest. It was the girls against the guys and the guys won. No one clued in to the fact that there was a secret pregnancy message on the bottom of the puzzle until my sister told everyone to look closer. It dawned on all of us at the same time and everyone cheered. It was such a great surprise! 




My brother's wife was also pregnant at the time but they kept the news to themselves until after their first ultrasound. Then they made up cards with a picture of my niece sharing the ultrasound picture. So sweet. A few of us had wondered if my sis-in-law was pregnant also, but we got so distracted by the news of my sister that we never thought much more about it. So it was a wonderful surprise when we learned of yet another baby joining the family. 



When I was pregnant with Nolan, we decided it would be fun to include Maya in the announcement and so we took these pictures of Maya playing with soft blocks that I made. It was so much fun sharing the pictures with family and friends and seeing their reactions (especially because my babies were so close in age). 


I absolutely love pregnancy announcements. They are just so full of joy and excitement. I remember when I was pregnant with Maya, three other girls at my work became pregnant around the same time. Then when I went back to work and was pregnant with Nolan, three other girls and a guy were all expecting a new bundle around the same time. I love it when that happens. We had so much fun talking babies all day at work. 

It seems a lot of bloggers that I follow are making announcements lately too..... like Mandy, Rachel, and Jill.  Some have already had their second babies around the same time that Nolan was born, like Jess and Sarah. I love reading about other people's experiences on being a Mom. I may not always agree with their views on the world, but there is something universal in being part of the whole Mommy club. 

One of my absolute favourite baby announcements you can find here. There are also tons of fun gender reveal videos that I have talked about in the past here

Hope you had fun with all the pregnancy links I shared with you today! 

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness!! Congrats to your sister and sister in law! How exciting!

    ReplyDelete